The age-less wonder, the Golden Child, the GOAT, whatever you’d like to call him, Tom Brady isn’t slowing down. I don’t know if it’s the horse-feed diet he’s on, or the ridiculous workout routine he does on his own; whatever it is, it’s working. Brady says he wants to and will play until he’s 45, and I believe him. He’s done nothing to show me otherwise; until he gives me reason to believe he’s slowing down, I’ll continue to expect great things from the greatest QB of my generation, possibly any generation.
He also continues to shine in fantasy. His 21.0 PPG rank him 3rd among QBs in standard formats. The matchup is also favorable. Buffalo has been tough on QBs this season ranking 6th in fantasy QB points against, allowing just 13.6 PPG. However, Brady has owned Buffalo in his career. In 15 games in Buffalo, Brady is completing passes at a 64.3% clip, averaging 282.1 YPG and has thrown 38 TDs to 13 INTs. The INT number is rather high for Brady, but 7 of those came in the first 5 meetings between 2001-2005. In the last 3 games, he has completely shredded the Bills’ defense. He’s completed 87 of 129 passes for 1,142 yards (380.7 YPG), 11 TDs and no INTs since 2014 in Buffalo. I think it’s safe to assume that this most recent trend will continue against a Buffalo defense that got shredded for 34, 47, and 54 points by the Jets, Saints, and Chargers respectively prior to last week’s win over Kansas City (who can’t get out of their own way on offense of late).
There’s a few guys I’d really like to stay away from this week. The biggest name of that bunch is Matthew Stafford. He’s had a very solid, consistent season thus far, only dipping below 13.2 points once in a Week 4 matchup at Minnesota which is a very stout defense. He only totaled 10.1 points that week, and I see him going below that in Week 13. The Lions head into Baltimore this week and face the 2nd ranked defense against opposing fantasy QBs, allowing just 8.9 PPG. Baltimore is certainly a flawed team, but their defense is legit. They get after the passer (ranked 9th with 30 sacks), force turnovers (ranked 1st with 26 turnovers forced) and have 3 defensive TDs. Stafford, in my opinion, is in for a long afternoon. Even though he’s playing better outside this season, averaging 18.0 a contest, those 3 games were against the Giants, Packers, and Bears. All three teams are outside the top 10 in QB fantasy points against. If you have a decent backup, sit Matthew Stafford.
For those of you looking to find a fill-in for Stafford, Josh McCown is available in 67.4% of ESPN leagues. He has been playing very well of late and has found his go-to receiver in Robby Anderson. McCown is averaging 20.2 PPG over his last 4 home games and Kansas City ranks 22nd in the league in fantasy QB scoring against. This is a secondary that has looked a bit lost without star safety Eric Berry, and McCown is poised to take advantage.
Here’s the complete QB list for Week 13:
- Tom Brady (NE) at bills
- Russell Wilson (SEA) vs eagles
- Philip Rivers (LAC) vs browns
- Kirk Cousins (WAS) at cowboys
- Carson Wentz (PHI) at seahawks
- Cam Newton (CAR) at saints
- Jared Goff (LAR) at cardinals
- Drew Brees (NO) vs panthers
- Alex Smith (KC) at jets
- Matt Ryan (ATL) vs vikings
- Ben Roethlisberger (PIT) at bengals
- Dak Prescott (DAL) vs redskins
- Blake Bortles (JAX) vs colts
- Tyrod Taylor (BUF) vs patriots
- Josh McCown (NYJ) vs chiefs
- Derek Carr (OAK) vs giants
- Matthew Stafford (DET) at ravens
- Case Keenum (MIN) at falcons
- Marcus Mariota (TEN) vs texans
- Jameis Winston (TB) at packers
- Trevor Siemian (DEN) at dolphins
- Jay Cutler (MIA) vs broncos
- Joe Flacco (BAL) vs lions
- Andy Dalton (CIN) vs steelers
- Brett Hundley (GB) vs buccaneers
- Mitchell Trubisky (CHI) vs 49ers
- Jimmy Garoppolo (SF) at bears
- Blaine Gabbert (ARI) vs rams
- Tom Savage (HOU) at titans
- Deshone Kizer (CLE) at chargers
- Jacoby Brissett (IND) at jaguars
- Geno Smith (NYG) at raiders
Let me know what you think, leave a comment below! Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and follow the site to receive notifications for new articles and updates!