Week 14 should be interesting. Arguably one of the best TEs in the history of the NFL will be out due to a suspension. Rob Gronkowski’s appeal has been denied and he will be serving his 1-game suspension this week. Terrible timing for fantasy owners as we’re now in the playoffs. But, on the other hand, be happy it’s only 1 game because as dirty of a play as it was, it could have and should have been more, in my opinion. Anyways, back to football. There are quite a few guys this week that have flown under the radar a bit that could fill in nicely for Gronk.
Hunter Henry and Cameron Brate are good pickup options headed into this week. Available in 24% and 32.1% of ESPN leagues respectively, one of them should be available in your league; and I have them virtually neck and neck headed into favorable matchups for each player. They could provide some solid production this week filling in for Gronkowski and also Greg Olsen for those of you holding out for his real return.
Another guy who is not available in your league, but is primed for a huge afternoon: Evan Engram. The rookie out of Ole Miss has been the one constant in the circus that is the 2017 New York Giants. Engram has shown why he was a first round pick in this year’s draft; and gives the Giants a glimmer of hope each and every week. Facing a Dallas defense that is ranked 18th in the NFL allowing 7.3 FPPG to opposing TEs. This number doesn’t seem too high and it isn’t, however, in the past 5 games, they’ve allowed 12.4 FPPG. That number is high. This defense without Sean Lee is really struggling to cover opposing TEs. There also isn’t many TEs with Engram’s skillset. His size and speed causes havoc among defenses. Linebackers can’t run with him and safeties can’t compete with his size. The aforementioned Lee may return this week but after being out for quite some time, there will likely be some rust. Add in that Engram is 2nd in the NFL in targets for TEs, only 1 behind Kelce, at 93 this season, he should produce a very good stat line this week.
Here’s the full list of TEs for Week 14:
- Travis Kelce (KC) vs raiders
- Evan Engram (NYG) vs cowboys
- Jimmy Graham (SEA) at jaguars
- Zach Ertz (PHI) at rams
- Delanie Walker (TEN) at cardinals
- Jason Witten (DAL) at giants
- Hunter Henry (LAC) vs redskins
- Cameron Brate (TB) vs lions
- Jack Doyle (IND) at bills
- Kyle Rudolph (MIN) at panthers
- Greg Olsen (CAR) vs vikings
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins (NYJ) at broncos
- Charles Clay (BUF) vs colts
- Austin Hooper (ATL) vs saints
- Ricky Seals-Jones (ARI) vs titans
- Jared Cook (OAK) at chiefs
- Lance Kendricks (GB) at browns
- Tyler Kroft (CIN) vs bears
- Julius Thomas (MIA) vs patriots
- O.J. Howard (TB) vs lions
- Marcedes Lewis (JAX) vs seahawks
- Benjamin Watson (BAL) at steelers
- George Kittle (SF) at texans
- Vernon Davis (WAS) at chargers
- Jesse James (PIT) vs ravens
- Stephen Anderson (HOU) vs 49ers
- David Njoku (CLE) vs packers
- Eric Ebron (DET) at buccaneers
- Tyler Higbee (LAR) vs eagles
- Ed Dickson (CAR) vs vikings
- Jermaine Gresham (ARI) vs titans
- Seth DeValve (CLE) vs packers
Good luck as you all start playoff play! Don’t be afraid to share your thoughts, and give us a follow!
Fantasy fanatic. I specialize in football and baseball, but will dabble in basketball as well. I play DFS regularly but I am by no means an expert. I win just enough to keep playing without having to deposit more money. I love talking about everything fantasy so I created this site in the hopes of helping others dominate their own fantasy leagues!